Care Home Friends and Neighbours (FaNs)
Terms and conditions
1. Our commitment to your privacy.
Care Home Friends and Neighbours (FaNs) is a project ran by My Home Life (MHL) an initaive which is hosted by City, University of London. My Home Life is a UK wide initiative aimed at overall improving the lives of people, living, working, visiting and dying in care homes. Partnered to Care Home FaNs is the National Activity Provider Association, they are a UK wide initiative which wishes for every care home to be filled with life, love and laughter. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the first day of use of this site
Care Home FaNs respects your privacy and realises how important it is that your personal information remains secure.
We hope that this policy explains how we collect, manage and protect your details, but if you would like more information, if you want to respect a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or ask us to update or correct any information, please contact us here;
Care Home FaNs,
My Home Life,
School of health Sciences,
City, University of London,
London, EC1V 0HB
Phone: 0207 040 0260
Information about us
www.carehomefans.org is a website operated by My Home Life.
My Home Life is registered in England under the company name City, University of London and have our registered office (see above address). Our VAT number: 627509528
Your personal data is protected by UK legislation, specially the Data Protection Act 1998, and the Privacy and Electronic communications (EC Directive) 2003.
Written consent is not requested as it is assumed that the consent has been granted when an individual freely gives their own details.
By giving Care Home FaNs your details, you will occasionally receive information about our project, including emails and by post. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing or calling us.
4. What kind of information do we hold about you?
- Personal information
We may collect information from you when you sign up to Care Home FaNs (such as when you sign up through the Care Home FaNs website for access to our member’s area and to receive your FREE Care Home FaNs welcome pack). Examples of personal information includes, Name, Care Home, Job, address, telephone number and other details.
- Sensitive Personal Information
In some cases we may collect information that the Data Protection Act considers ‘sensitive’. Sensitive personal information is personal information relating to your religious or political opinions, sexual orientation, physical or mental health or criminal convictions. Such information will only be collected and retained with your specific consent. We do not collect this information via our website.
5. How do we use your information?
We use the personal information we hold about you only for the following purposes:
- To provide services to you
- To administer our relationship with you
- We use personal information that you supply us for the purpose of which it was collected. Examples include; sending you information or the answers to a query, to register your interest in taking part in Care Home FaNs, attend an event.
- To contact you about other services, events or developments. Care Home FaNs would like to contact you about our work, projects, events and developments.
- Care Home FaNs is a project created by My Home Life (is hosted by City, University of London and is a social movement) and The National Activity Provider Association (NAPA is a registered charity in England and Wales No. 1070674 and in Scotland No. 038991. We are also a Company Limited by Guarantee No.3482943.) For monitoring and evaluation purposes of the project Care Home FaNs both NAPA and MHL may choose to use your contact details to get in touch to access feedback about your experience of the project. Any information shared with Care Home FaNs may be used within the projects overall evaluation/overview/summary in Sept 2019. Any comments, information taken will be anonymous, but consent is assumed at sign up to the Care Home FaNs website.
- If the Asset of Care Home FaNs are transferred to a third party.
If Care Home FaNs decides to transfer its assets or ceases to trade, becomes insolvent, enters into receivership or any similar or equivalent event occurs, Care Home FaNs or those acting on Care Home FaNs behalf may transfer your personal information to theses third parties.
- If disclosures are required by law
- If required to do so by any applicable law, search warrant, subpoena or court order, or by any regulation, treaty or other legally binding obligation with Care Home FaNs is required to comply, Care Home FaNs or any such company trust will disclose some or all of your personal information as and to the extent that it is required to do so.
6. Use of photographs
Care Home FaNs uses photography for documenting, celebrating and promoting our work:
- Printed materials, promotion flyer/poster and post cards, plus any future materials such as a summary/evaluation of Care Home FaNs project etc.
- Exhibitions in public venues, public spaces and galleries; displays at project celebrations, conferences, recruitment events and to funders or potential funders.
- Press releases
- Care Home FaNs website has links to both NAPA and MHL’s emails and social media sites. This includes but is not exclusive to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Care Home FaNs acknowledges that people today are very alert to intrusion, issues surrounding manipulation and exploitation of images and the need to be sensitive. Photos can be uploaded and submitted to Care Home FaNs through the member’s login area. These are only shared with the Care Home FaNs team. Additional permissions will be sort from the Care Home FaNs member should the image be used elsewhere in the website or Care Home FaNs materials. Press images and enquiries of images needs to be separately handled. Every Care Home FaN will be asked to tick the consent box in their member’s area before submissions of images can be made.
Care Home FaNs will review removal of any images if a complaint is received from the individual(s) within the image. This applies to still and moving images published on Care Home FaNs website and printed publications.
7. How long will we keep your information?
We will retain your information for as long as you have an active relationship with Care Home FaNs. If you cease to have an active relationship with us or request to receive no further contact, we may retain some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future, and to ensure that we don’t accidentally duplicate information.
You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com or by calling us 02070400260
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
9. Sale/exploitation of personal information by third parties
10. Data Security
Care Home FaNs uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps and all other precautions required by law to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
11. Updates to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Personal data is kept on a password-protected computer system and in paper-based systems. Every effort is make to ensure that paper-based data is stored in secure and organised systems.
13. Links to other websites
14. Contacting us
Request for a copy of your personal information
If you would like a copy of your personal information please write to The Social Action Lead and Care Home FaNs Manager, School of Health Sciences, City, University of London, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB stating your full name, and providing us with sufficient information to verify your identity.
- Please also help us to respond quickly by indicating why you think we hold personal information about you and what kind of information you think we may hold.
- Please note an access free may be charged to cover our reasonable costs of providing the information to you
- Sometimes there may be a reason why access will not be possible. If that is the case, you will be told why.
15. Correcting your details
Please let us know if the personal information which we fold about you needs to be corrected or updated, please email us.
If you do not want to be contacted in the future by Care Home FaNs please email us to confirm your preference.
16. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
17. You agree to
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive materials or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within the site.
Care Home FaNs has the right to remove any material or postings you make on this site at its discretion.
If the terms and conditions of this site are not agreed to in full then the use of Care Home FaNs must terminate immediately.
Care Home FaNs, and its creators My Home Life and NAPA do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or lose of use of this site.
18. Applicable law